“Food is not supposed to be a battle.” What is the truth you need to know about grains and gluten? This episode is jam-packed with powerful information and stories you need to know.
How gluten can be a root cause for pain The science behind why gluten can cause problems for the body How gluten impacts the brain The long-term progression of the effects of gluten and its connection to autoimmunity
To help answer this question for you on the Biology of Trauma™ Podcast, I interview two Functional Medical experts, Dr. Peter Osborne and Dr. Tom O’Bryan about the impact grains and gluten have on your body. Whether for you, your clients, or someone you know, this is the truth you need to know.
Dr. Peter is a Doctor of Chiropractic and a functional nutrition expert and has become one of the world’s leading experts on gluten sensitivity.
Dr. Tom is someone who through his writings, gave me answers when my own autoimmune markers were off and I was experiencing fatigue and gut issues.
Peter and Tom have a wealth of information on autoimmune issues and their link to gut health, how inflammation affects treating trauma, and suggestions for catching autoimmune issues years before they could be diagnosed. We discuss gluten sensitivity and how it impacts the body. It all starts in the gut!
- [2:40] How gluten can be the root cause of pain
- [10:18] Dr. Aimie shares her struggles with autoimmune issues and how she found functional medicine
- [13:29] The science behind why gluten can cause problems for the body
- [17:54] Peter explains how our bodies can be stuck in a fight or flight position, and that leaves very little for proper digestion
- [18:40] Three flavors of trauma: Mental/Spiritual, Physical, BioChemical
- [25:55] How gluten impacts the brain
- [33:41] The long-term progression of the effects of gluten and its connection to autoimmunity
21 Day Journey
You. Calm. Alive.
Be safely guided step-by-step through the essential process for addressing stored trauma in your body.